zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAYDALOSS

In Runtime
I am not too familiar with zip drives. But if you put one in What ribbon cables hook up to it.Do you take the cable from the floppy disk and hook it to the zip drive. Do you have to go into bios and do anything after that. Do you need software with it

From what I'm aware of, a ZIP drive uses an IDE cable, the same as what a CD-drive and a hard-drive would use. Unless your computer is ancient, it should automatically detect. You don't need software with it. It essentially works like a floppy drive, but with more capacity.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I don't have a ZIP drive in any of my computers, but I've used them...

So i would use a cable ribbon from a hardrive or a cd Can i also format a hardrive on it also. Also what would that be if i used astartup disk What prompt would i go to A OR B If i wanted to copy some files into it. Lets say i wanted to copy a lot of files
from a hardrive that wont start the computer.I would have to put it on a floppy right But a floppy is too small How do i copy it onto the zip disk

Well what i was looking for was a drive where i can format my hardrive as well as copy a lot of megs into it. I figure a zip drive would do that. Cant you do that with azip drive.You cant format a hardrive using a dvd

Use nero and burn it as data when you insert the dvd then go to my computer right clci kon the cd and go explore and there you will find all you files burned to the dvd

If any more questions please feel free to ask

No i am talking about copying a lot of megs with a startup disk
at the prompt(post screen) Lets say icouldnt start my computer
because of a bad hardrive. So at the prompt i can save a lot ofthem by copying them onto floppies. Or what would be a quicker way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom