EVGA 7800gt PCI-E
Samsung DVD-rom
Samsung Dual layer burner
Samsung Floppy
120mm Fan on the back of case
Exhaust fan in bottom PCI slot
CPU port on side of case
HDD fans

I posted before about overheating issues and thought that was the cause of my problems. Well, even though I'm running 15 C cooler I'm still having issues while running games.

Both Call of Duty 2, Half Life 2 and Age of Empires 3 give me problems. CoD2 and HL2 shut down after playing for a minute or two; and other games like Far Cry and AoE3 give me the runtime install shield error. I tried my legit copy of windows XP pro and I had errors on that. I then tried a copy of windows XP pro Corporate and I get problems with that too. I thought it was the heat, but now I'm baffled. My HDD is new, my ram is fine (I think) and my PSU is running strong.

Anyone have any reccommendations at all? This is getting to be really annoying. Btw, this is all newly purchased, brand new parts. So it's not like the HDD is goin bad on me or anything. I'm just stumped!

I've installed all but the intel chipset software installation utility. The first time I formatted and installed windows I was able to install all the drivers on the Intel disk fine, but ever since that time I've not been able to install the microsoft directx 9 and intel chipset software installation utility from the disk. Other than that, I can install everything.

Even AIM shuts down unexpectedly! And the Intel heat monitor doesn't even start up anymore.

I have performed diskeeper defrag and its like 100% defragged. I'm clueless. I'm using the same windows disk that I've used on my past computers. I'm close to calling Geek Squad lol... .:(

As far as I know everythings updated: intel Bios, sound, graphics, everything... This is really frustrating.

I started up Counter Strike Source and before it could fully load my computer went blue screen then rebooted. WHen I tried to update AoE3 they said I was missing some certain .exe file. Dont remember exactly what it was other than it being en executable.

Has anyone gone through Geek Squad? They are expensive as hell, but if they can diagnos the problem... $60 may be worth it. Any advice or input?

IN response to the bios update... I updated it after I built the pc, installed windows, installed call of duty 2 and it would shut down or reboot.

It could be gfx card problems but what exactly?

I also ran cpu burn in last night and it gave me Runtime error! which didn't exlpain anything more than that.

I also made a boot cd for Ultimate boot cd... When i restart teh blue screen with your options comes up fine, I go into system tools or whatever it is, and every memory test i've gone into brings me to a dos screen with some writing at the top and then it pretty much stays tehre unless i manually restart. Then when it boots up again says theres an error on the disk/cd hit any key to reboot. :( nothing works for me right now im sad :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom