computer freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy345

In Runtime
My computer randomly freezes every once in a while sometimes when im browsing the internet sometimes when I am playing a game. I have no idea why. Can someone help me. Ill post my computer specs if you need them.:drool:

2 of the most common problems with shutdowns are heat or Power Supply.Check your computer for alot of dust like in your CPU and get some canned air and blow it out.If that isnt it then if you can get your hands on a spare power supply you can check it out.Make sure that if you get inside your computer ground yourself first so you dont zap anything.

Its a new computer. Its not shutting down its just completely freezing so I cannot do anything. And last time this happened I was playing a game and checked the temps and the cpu was at 116F and the system was at 96F.

Download Memtest 86, burn to disk, boot off of it, and run allow it to test your memory for a few hours. I Used to have random freezes like that when doing anything and it turned out I had memory errors.

i have 2 512MB sticks of ram how long do you think that will that take?
I have memtest on a floppy already from a few months ago when i had my old computer. But i have never used it.

IT happenes randomly like if my computers idle it freezes sometimes. Also i tried running memtest and it froze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom