256-bit / 256Mb DDR 3
GPU 425 Mhz / Memory 1000Mhz
12 Pip
32Gb / Sec Mmory bandwidth
5.1 billion pixels / sec. fill rate
860 million Vertices / sec
400 Mhz RAMDAC
SLI Ready

Thats why i am glad I got a 7800GT instead of settling for the 6800GT which is still good, but is becomming outdated fast.

Yeah that card (6800gs) is sweet and OC's like a SOB....what a freakin deal!!...Nvidia continues to rule the video card world.

I honestly don't think ATI will be able to recover from losing 2 generations in a row like this. The 6800GT vs. the X800 Pro brought a giant to the ground, and now this generation is all about Nvidia kicking ATI while they are on the ground. I think we are going to be getting into a time when if you are a true gamer, you only use Nvidia.

It'll be all about partnerships man. Which console company finds ties with which vid card company. I have a feeling PC gaming will be "significantly" replaced with console gaming before the decade is over.

Even though fellow TF members don't agree with me :D

Your next gaming system - PC or console?

beedubaya said:
I honestly don't think ATI will be able to recover from losing 2 generations in a row like this. The 6800GT vs. the X800 Pro brought a giant to the ground, and now this generation is all about Nvidia kicking ATI while they are on the ground. I think we are going to be getting into a time when if you are a true gamer, you only use Nvidia.
The X800pro is meant to compete with the 6800 vanilla dude... just because you screwed up and thought you were getting a higher end card does not make all ati cards bad. the X800XL is meant to compete with the 6800gt, and it is on par with almost frame for frame, but yes, the 6800gs beats the x800xl, the 6800ultra and 6800gt when overclocked... too bad they didn't make them when I got my 6800gt, and their almost $100 cheaper.

too bad they didn't make them when I got my 6800gt, and their almost $100 cheaper.
Yeah, I know whatcha mean...I wonder how well a good evga 6800GS watercooled would perform...considering how high it freakin went on AIR those missing pipelines don't mean squat.

Oh well...by the time I can upgrade AMD will probably be on DDR3 and possibly a couple new sockets and hell Nvidia might be on a 10k series or something....gonna be atleast 2 years before I can upgrade due to school

003 said:
The X800pro is meant to compete with the 6800 vanilla dude... just because you screwed up and thought you were getting a higher end card does not make all ati cards bad. the X800XL is meant to compete with the 6800gt, and it is on par with almost frame for frame, but yes, the 6800gs beats the x800xl, the 6800ultra and 6800gt when overclocked... too bad they didn't make them when I got my 6800gt, and their almost $100 cheaper.

You are wrong. The X800 Pro was originally meant to compete with the 6800GT, but it wasn't cutting it so ATI released the X800XL. During Q3 and Q4 of 2004 though, it was the X800 Pro vs. the 6800GT. If you kept up with it at all, you would know that the X800XL didn't come out to near the holiday season of 2004, much later than the rest of the X800 cards. That was because ATI knew they had to do something about the X800 Pro which was a complete sucker at the $399 price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom