New computeR

Status
Not open for further replies.
DON'T BUY A DELL! LET YOUR MOM GET ON HERE AND TALK TO US. WE CAN'T HAVE ANOTHER LIFE WASTED...

okay, i have a little more money , if i went from the x2 3800+ to the 4200+ would i need to use a different mobo instead of the MSI K8N NEO4 ?

dwavie said:
okay, i have a little more money , if i went from the x2 3800+ to the 4200+ would i need to use a different mobo instead of the MSI K8N NEO4 ?

No, that board is still fine. Both processors there are socket 939, any 939 processor will work with that mboard. Nice build btw, im jealous.

So 2 6800gs are cheaper than one 7800gt???

Of course it's good, it's very good. But if you have the money to upgrade your processor, just keep the processor the way it is and upgrade the 6800GS to a 7800gt.

hmm alright, now this pcs gotta last me a few years at least, will the 3800+ be a good choice for the long run?

Yes, you shouldn't have problems with it. If it comes to it, you can overclock the 3800+ to 4200+ speeds, as far as I know.

i see i seee... well in that case i might just get that 7800gt which is just a touch out of reach, ill have to scrounge up a few more bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom