Building Micro!!! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
Time to have some fun with my building.... I've decided to build a MINI.... I want to spend around 4-500$ for everything not including monitors or sound card or speakers,,, unless integrated. I have been looking at this case for starts....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811144110

That is the case of choice I believe.....

Now, heres the thing IM NOT GOING TO BE GOING INSANE WITH THIS COMP!!! I'm going to be using it just as a simple web browsing semi-gaming internet pc. Thats it I want nothing fancy whatsoever which is why I put the budget that low, because thats all I can get for XMAS! anyway, pretty sure I have my current Desktop (in sig) so thats plenty for me and I don't want nothing like that. Suggestions for mobo and maybe a diff case I dunno I like the one I posted.

IDEAS ANYTHING HELP HELP Would like to Order soon,!!!

Just build what's in my sig, then. Maybe use a better mobo and heftier CPU.

i think you could build a better computer than that for $500 now. you can build whats in my sig for around $500 minus the sound card

Something by MSI. They have lots of great mATX motherboards.

Get 512mb of ValueRAM. You don't need socket 939, go for 754, or even A.

Yea I know, I was gonna go with a Simple Socket A,,,, I prolly won't even really be gaming off it, I'll prolly go with a 754.... Thnx m8's any links to some micros or nice cpus would be nice... but other than that, thnx

Hmm .. there aren't too many mATX motherboards with socket 754. Biostar is a good company, right? Here's theirs. In fact, here are all four.

Here are the socket 754 athlons: buh

As for the case, I really like my Antec Aria. The power supply has been great - it's powering a hard drive, optical drive, 6800 vanilla overclocked, and a firewire card with no problems.

Dunno what kind of video card you're looking for, but a 6600GT is always a good choice. :D

So ..
socket 754 Biostar motherboard - $60
Aspire X-QPack - $75
2800+ sempron - $75
eVGA 6600GT pci-e - $150
optical, hard drive / misc. expenses ~ $150
total: $510

You can scale the cost of the video card to meet your budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom