Upgrading My PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

chad standing

Solid State Member
Im looking to upgrade my PC. And need a little help, as I am a little unsure how to go about it.
I have copied my ram onto a cd so I dont lose all my ram programs, and can put it onto the new ram I am installing. I am also trying to cool the system with fans, I have 2 but i have connected them up, but they seem to suck air out of the pc instead of pumping it in, do I need to take these ones back and buy some that rotate in the other direction?
also, I want to put windows back onto the new PC, how many floppy disks will I need to buy copy windows onto?
Finally, I here coca cola uses the same barcode encryption as microsoft, could I just use a code off a cocacola can to register my windows XP?

1) you probably copied programs off your hardrive which stores all your data not your ram

2) you could just flip the fans around so they bring air into the case

3) im not sure about the encryption code?

1) Of course its not my Harddrive, it was definately the ram, before I pulled it out of the PCI slots.

2) if I flip the fans round, they are just going to rotate in the same direction. Thanks anyway.

I need someone more experienced to help me out.

..... you flip the fans aroudn they obviously rotate in the same direction meaning they will bring air in

the ram isnt in the freakin PCI slots

...i think you need to do a little more research before you going around saying people arent experienced enough cause im guessing you arent very experienced

Ok, the way your fans are right now it is sucking, if you FLIP not rotate the fan it will do oppisite. And the memory, memory is not in the PCI slot.....And you did not put your memory on cd.

No Chad you are incorrect. Pzero is correct. Switching your fans around will bring air into your case (intake) or push air out (exhaust).

RAM doesn't have any memory "saved" into it. Intos memory that is randomly accessed by programs. There is no possible way for you to save information off your RAM onto any type of drive or CD. It probably is your hard drive, and RAM doesn't go in PCI slots, it has it's own designated slots.

Look at the RAM slot and look at the PCI slot, you will be able to see the difference with your own eyes.

i dont think he knows what PCI slots are or RAM slots :laughing: i think its picture book time :D

the IDE slots are where the ATA hdds goes, and the orange slots are teh SATA 150 slots are where the SATA hdds goes :D now dont you feel stupid :)

Dont you know that zcraft in 2002 made upgradable PCI ram upgrades( so no its not the prehistoric ram slots you speakof, so you can keep your picture book at home). The PCdos bios driver enabled you to upload the hexfile memory map to enable faster restoring of applications. This was recomended by the manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom