3 problems sound and video codec question

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
About 4 weeks ago I had to reinstall XP pro with SP2 and this time I made sure my machine was not overwhelmed with 2 gigs of stuff in my documents which almost brought the whole PC to computer hell......

1. I have been using my Intel onboard sound card for the pass 3 years without any screws up I had accidently put the wrong version of Yamaha YXG50 trial on my machine and after I did this it said the trial had expired and said put in a registration number in there or go to music shop and buy one, thing is there is no store or shop that will sell this software down here in augusta !! now I had a full license copy of yamaha synthesizer that I got with a magazine 2 years go, the trial version refuses to leave or let me install the full version everytime I do this it says the system has detected the trial version in my current configuration files and can not delete it without this (YAMAHA uninstaller) II tried looking on google to find one but coudln't locate one without spam from advertisements from sites and some other stuff I rather not discuss here that might get me banned.

2.I have begin using my 3 year old SB 16 PCI card, it can't play sound right or midi and locks up the whole Mother ******* thing with corrupting one of windows xp driver or antivirus files..... I have tried updating this formally good Sound card with new drivers but I just don't hear any sound at all or locks when a windows sound is played can somebody please tell me if there is a issue with my SB 16 card with windows xp pro sp2 ?

3. Last question, which is better MPEG2 or MPEG4 codec and which one and version and brand do you recommend for recording digital TV movies to a 10.5 custom external HD kit ?

~MadMikeXP~

mpeg4 = smaller size
mpeg2 = better video, but way bigger file size too.

you take your pick. do you want better quality or small footprint?

Warez monster when I installed the trial version of YAMAHA YXG50 trial by mistake it refused to uninstall ALL of its files and said the the current configuration was still intact and could not be removed with out this yamaha uninstaller. I will post a small picture of what I'm talking about.

EricB I use MPEG4 and it has very good file sizes and good quality but I just need it not skip so many frames and be just be a little to choopy and sloppy when recording from my TV Tuner card MY settings is 29 frames kbs and 3000 for the other part.

Attachments

• yamaha problem.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 23
did you go to program files and delete the folder that still may be there? Download CCleaner and it might find some traces of the software to delete, also, check msconfig and see if there is an entry in the startup that is still checked, if it is, uncheck it, and then delete the prefetch folder which also pertains to startup programs, when you reboot, the folder will come back.

I would capture the video in uncompressed avi or high quality mpe2. then I would convert it to mpeg4 with auto gk or dvdcopy 4. it will look a lot better than capturing to mpeg4 out of the gate, plus you won't have dropped frames

Ok I have tried removing all of the YAMAHA XG files off my system but somehow it is still sticking to my system and can't install the full version, about 2 years ago I heard some fool saying on a P2P forum site that there is YAMAHA uninstaller that will remove all traces YAMAHA XG files from he said that YAMAHA developers themselves in order to remove this blasted thing, however though I am unable to locate it does anyone know where I can find this uitilty ? also is there a issue with my sound blaster 16 pci sound card and windows xpp pro sp2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom