Windows XP Boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kutabare

Baseband Member
I'm having a problem with booting up Windows XP. Whenever I start my computer, it enters the Windows XP screen and it begins to boot. However, it takes too long to boot. And if it does try to boot, it enters a blank screen and it flashes within a few seconds. After the flash, the computer resets itself and tries to boot up again. The same thing happens again into a never ending cycle. During the reset, my harddrive sounds like it went off but turns back on (like when you adjust the power settings where you adjust the harddrives sleeping time). I've tried fixing it by using the Windows XP cd by FIXBOOT, but it didn't work, not even safe mode or last known / good configuration that work boot works either. What could be the problem?

Have you tried reformatting yet? And is this your first time using XP with this computer, or did it work normally with XP before this happened?

No this isn't the first time installing windows xp on this computer. I am going to reformat it I guess. But I'm just wondering if anyone knows a method to fix it besides reformatting or the technical reasons behind it.

Stuff like that happens. I've had a computer freeze while I was playing Return To Castle Wolfenstein, and I never got XP to boot again. Had to reformat the whole thing.

You could run off a LiveCD like Knoppix to see if it's necessarily the hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom