trying to build a good solid stable gaming pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

azman

Solid State Member
you can tell form my sig what i got. thinking of getting another 2 g/b of ram and another asus en7800gtx pci x, and probably gonna mess around with water cooling, wanting some ideas as to the better end of the market for water cooling, can any one help !!!!!!! im just a novice :-(

I'm also going for a 64 bit and share some of the same hardware you do. Since you will probably be rinnning 64 bit OS go to each manufacturer's website and see if you can find/download 64 bit drivers for each piece of hardware before you buy them. If you can find the driver send the company an email and if they don't make any 64 bit drivers do not get that hardware and use a different brand.

Tyler1989 said:
I'm also going for a 64 bit and share some of the same hardware you do. Since you will probably be rinnning 64 bit OS go to each manufacturer's website and see if you can find/download 64 bit drivers for each piece of hardware before you buy them. If you can find the driver send the company an email and if they don't make any 64 bit drivers do not get that hardware and use a different brand.
got all the 64 drivers for the hardware are you going water cooled? if so what you thinking of getting looked at overclockers and not much there .

dont want all that noise of fans as im in the bedroom and use the pc till quite late. (the missus would kill me).

haha ok but I don't think fans are that loud but perhaps I'm used to the noise and tune that sound out?

is your pc wut you have in your sig? cause if it is then you dont really need anything else cause you really dont need 4 gigs of ram for any games out or any coming out in the next year or so. and a 7800GTX will run ANYTHING on high settings so you dont really need to change anything with 4 gigs you wont see much difference and SLI is only a way nvidia can make more money off of suckers who want to say they have sli which runs nice on some games.

i am thinking of going further into water cooling, at the moment i am running a cheap gigabyte kit , i am looking for some ideas on which water cooling is the better , any ideas?

you should go with e ac ustom water cooling kit

DD D5 pump
xtreme III 3 120mm fan radiator
a reservoir or T line
TDX or storm CPU block
MAZE4 GPU block

www.dangerden.com go check out the sticky in the OCIng section

if you want something really reallyl really silent, then i would suggest you go with the zalman reserator cooling at newegg, it has no fans i believe and just fins to cool the water down last time i checked it was like 250 dollars with the CPU and GPU block with pump+reservoir=reserator

looked at them, liked the DD D5 PUMP, WAS LOOKING AT THE BLACKICE PRO RADIATOR? and maybe the storm cpu block. as for the gpu wanted some thing that covered it all incl ram chips. but thanks for that some good info there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom