windows does not detect Maxtor 200 GB HDD + 8 MB cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murdoc

In Runtime
hi,
my friend recently bought a new 200 GB Maxtor 8 MB cache HDD. He sets his old Western digital hard drive to Primary Master 1 and his new Maxtor HDD to Slave. He got as far as being able to detect the 2 drives in Bios but when he enters windows, it cannot detect the new hard drive. As directed by Maxtor's main website, he downloaded the MAX BLAST 4 HDD utility to attempt to format his hard drive for use. However, he couldn't find his hard drive model.

PS: His chipset is Intel 865 motherboard.
can anyone help?

in windows xP.
(ah shit mine is in Norwegian
go to controll panel, admin tools , "datamaskinbehandling" (cane it be data management?)
(the ikon who looks like a pc...) then if u find it. lol sorry for language isues.
u geet a new window. on the left side look for diskmanagement
then u shud geet on the big window all hd connected.
and one u have to click and.. oh dont remember again..i belew it eksplains it self when u geet in here.

uh. this was hard to understand... hope some with better skils in eng helps out....

you need to prepare the drive for use and setup a partition or windows will not see it.. if it came with a CD use that to setup the drive or you can try in windows disk management..

right click my computer, go to manage. click DIsk management... Next as the other guy said you should pretty much get. you'd want to setup partition on disk1 or whichever one it is that says 200gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom