XFX 6600GT 128MB AGP trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HitokiriNate85

Solid State Member
I started my computer build a couple months ago. When I put everything together I started freezing up everytime I turned the computer on. Sometimes I would make it as far as to my desktop, while other times it would freeze where it shows your vid. cards stats, or at BIOS. My friend and I thought this might be a motherboard problem, so I returned my ASUS board and got an MSI board, and I'm now receiving the exact same problem. The MSI board came with on-board video, though, and we first ran it with only that to make sure things were all right so far, and everything went fine. Then we put the vid. card in and instantly started receiving the same trouble we had before. I tried following the instructions in the manual, but I've still had no luck. And in turning off on-board video in BIOS(unless it was something else I accidentally did), I now don't get picture without the vid. card in, either. My friend and I also swapped in his vid. card to be sure that was the problem, and everything ran fine with his in. Does anyone have any recommendations or ideas of what might be wrong here? Thanks.

Must be your video card, seeing as how it only happened when your card was in. Id RMA the 6600.

that sounds like the weakest link in your situation. Mabye if you tried a different card you can make sure. Otherwise RMA it and get another card.

ok... do you have the 4 pin power cord plugged into the card as well as the agp?(pretty sure you'd not miss this but can cause these problems)

What is your power supply?

It's probably the PSU, I had the same problem and it was just that the PSU couldn't power the card properly.

kiyotaka said:
ok... do you have the 4 pin power cord plugged into the card as well as the agp?(pretty sure you'd not miss this but can cause these problems)

What is your power supply?

Yeah, it's plugged in. And my case came with a 420W supply, and that was one of our first guesses, so we swapped in a 500W with the same results.

HitokiriNate85 said:
Yeah, it's plugged in. And my case came with a 420W supply, and that was one of our first guesses, so we swapped in a 500W with the same results.

check to see if theres any known compatability issues with your mobo first.. If not RMA it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom