Need some serious help! I don't know what happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suit yourself *****. Anybody who touches you would be ****ed up in the head in the first place...:p

Did you try repairing your windows instalation with your windows cd.
Or does dell have recovery cds.
If nothing is working try reinstalling windows.
Do you have any back ups of your hardrive that you could install.
Could you tell some specs on your computer and what type of dell it is.

Sure, Dell Inspiron 8600
Pentium M 1.6 Gig
512 MB RAM
60 Gigabyte HDD

Dell has a Recovery Cd, which is burnt once (did it two hours ago). It is only for Windows XP. However, it doesn't say anything about fixing audio drivers.

You see, I just ran the Driver Reset tool and I got no errors detected. I just also ran the set-up screen and went throught the diagnostic tool again for sound. Everything passed up the test.

However, everytime I try to play a song from windows media player it says Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.

This is nuts!:(

One of the weirdest errors indeed.

So in other words, my computer recognizes the audio hardware, but somehow the drivers (even though they are certified and have no problem), don't seem to work at all.

Have you tried any other sound players?

Do programs that play sounds still play them or is their no audio on your computer at all?

ok for **** sake i think we need a mod in here. calm down everyone. malakius contrary to what you think not everyone on this forum is a dumb *******. but acting like an ******* tends to make other people do so as well, someone here may have said the first insult but they were right you were acting like an *******. help us to help you, so get over it. and my guess is you have something messing with you on the windows side of things. if uninstalling and re-installing drivers doesn't work that suggests either windows is corrupted or has a virus. that or your sound adapter is actually screwed and by pure coincidence stopped working following chkdisk. that makes me think, why was the comp running chkdisk, was it scheduled or had the computer crashed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom