Need some serious help! I don't know what happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anphrax said:
Yeah man, your a ****... How about you calm down and listen to some of these people. THERE SMARTER THAN YOU WILL EVER BE!!! *reports post*

Maybe, they are already smarter than you dude. Way to show your crappy self-steem. Anyways, they haven't really said anything useful, except for the guy before you.

Everybody treats newcomers like idiots.

Check the volume control to see if it is not muted.

wtf? I have already done the diagnostics tool, checked the bios, control panel, downloaded the new drivers for my audio card straight from Dell's website but nothing.

I am going to delete all the drivers and try again.

Nope. Nothing; you guys are useless. And then you have the nerve to call yourselves "Tech" forums. So far, you just have given nooby and stupid advice.

If I were you, I would close this whole webpage and dedicate myself to something easier, like learning how to tie my shoe laces for example.

Try this
1. Right click my computer
2. Click on properties
3. Go to the hardware tab and click the device manager button
4. Now in the device manager go to the sounds, video and game controllers and click the plus
5. Right click your sound device / drivers and click uninstall
6. Now either install your sound drivers or click the button that scans for hardware.
thisbutton8uz.png
< That button

Try a system restore back to a few days ago when you had sound
1. Go to control panel
2. Click on performance and maintenance
3. on the left side you should see system restore. click it
4. do create a restore point
5. Type in a date when you had sound (ex. Saturday, November 18, 2005)
6. Hit create
7. Hit home
8. Click restore my computer to a earlier time
9. click next
10. Find the date you just added and click it
11. Click next then next again
12. your computer should restart and restore your computer to the earlier date.

When i said check the volume controli ment to do this

you should have either a volume control in ur taskbar(thing near the clock) or go to control panael, sound speech and audio devices, then on the right it says advanced volume controls make sure on the master volume control the volume slider is not all the way to the bottom and that mute all is not check.
sound9lq.png

Also the beep you hear is probably the internal speaker of your computer which is a completely different speaker incase you didnt know.

Maybe your computer speakers are broken? Do you have a green port on your laptop somewhere? Try plugging some normal computer speakers in them and seeing if you have volume or plug some plain old headphones in them and see if you hear anything.

And I dont even kno why im trying to help you. You are being a huge ass and not even listening to what people are telling you so i typed out exactly what you should do and maybe it will work.

Are you dumb or what? It is more like you who don't want to read what I've put.

I've done every freaking thing you said way before.

Control Panel check
Uninstall and Reinstall driver check (does it automatically)
Got the newest set of drivers from Dell.com
Restore to any date before the sound crapped
Diagnostics test on the bios (everything passed)

HOWEVER, when I go to Windows, the sound is gone. That freaking Chkdsk update completey ****ed up my sound. Now I've found that the old files are in the root folder. What can I do in order to reverse the configuration to these old files.

People make mistakes, but insulting other members is a great way not to get helped, simply telling them that you already tried whatever they suggested is good enough.

malakius said:
Are you dumb or what? It is more like you who don't want to read what I've put.

These guys have more patience that I do. You think you are such a genius? then PAY a computer store to fix your friggin problem!All the people here have been trying to help you. Funny thing though.... all these "dumb" people HAVE sound. Hmmmm must suck to be "dumb". Have a nice day :)

I found the problem, but as i said I think it is probably way over the head from most of you. This doesn't have to do with nooby advices like "make sure your speakers are not muted" or "make sure Windows is set to use your audio drivers

In short, that evening I came from work, I fired up the computer, and apparently chkntfs tried to clean up my hdd volume by deleting some corrupt files. Aparently, this crap also has the nasty habit of overrating drivers, so it probably crapped over my Sigmatel C-Major audio drivers on its pass.

No matter what I do, I don't get a sound in Windows XP. Deleting and reinstalling drivers, or using system restore to certain date, nothing works so far.

From the way you talked and acted by saying things like "wtf" and your topic named "Need some serious help! I don't know what happened!" instead of something like “my sound stoped working can someone help me” you made yourself look like a ******** so I typed that out for someone who is a dumbass.

Also your response saying that

"I have already done the diagnostics tool, checked the bios, control panel, downloaded the new drivers for my audio card straight from Dell's website but nothing."

You donÂ’t say what diagnostics tool you ran, what did you check in bios that your sound was enabled GOOD FOR YOU, GREAT you downloaded some drivers did you install them WHO KNOWS CAUSE UR AWESOME and donÂ’t explain anything and hope people just guess at what your saying.

Also you like to pretend what your taking about and then insult people like in your first post you said a blue screen so in my post I told you it was chkdsk then later you said "Chkdsk update completey ****ed up my sound" and that made you look unintelligent because
guess what chkdsk does, IT CHECKS THE DISK FOR ERRORS. DoesnÂ’t update anything. If it finds corrupt files it may try to fix them but wont update anything on your computer.

So if your so smart and seem to know everything why even ask for help? You know everything why bother? You just insult everyone after they attempt to help you whatÂ’s the point. I think what you are thinking is that by insulting people you will make them work harder to prove you wrong and hopefully fix your problem.

In case you don't realize, I posted here for help.

Go to the first page to see who began with the insults.

If you are trying to make you look like a ******* with that last post, you succeeded.

If you are not going to help, then don't bother posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom