Overclocking my BFG 6800 OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalk4

In Runtime
Hey, I am trying to overclock my video card the 6800OC from BFG (posted below) and have unloced the pixels from Rivatuner to 16x1,6vp which I believe means all the pixels are unlocked. HOwever anytime I try to increase either the mem speed(700) or the core speed(350) it tells me that the speeds are unstable and to reduce them. I tried to reduce them below the default values and it told me that those were unstable as well, and when I moved it back to the default values it said they also were unstable, but it runs fine when I hit the back to default button. Any help on how I can increase the speeds would be great. It's an AGP card which I was reading apparently gives me a better chance of Oc'ing it.

royalk4;s BFG 6800OC

Try uninstalling rivatuner, downloading the latest version, and reinstall it. I had the same problem with mine, i did that and it fixed.

Good Luck with your OCing.

google it

i had that card but its on ebay now

i was able to hit 430 and 840 without artifacting with the pipeline unlocked.

i disabled the test as well lol

its a good card but i needed more
in the form of a 939, pci-e, 7800gt kind of fashion

So i managed to overclock the card from 350->375 and kept the memory the same and my GPU results in aquamark were lowered and the temp of the GPU went up to 61oC. Any suggestions for lowering the temp/// increasing performance?

which one do you recommend. I was looking at the Arctic cooling 5 rev 3 or do you think one of the different ones might be the way to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom