Best vid card for about 100$ or 150$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riceball said:
My ATI Radeon X700 Pro 256mb PCI-E :D. I've only had it for about a month and it's in great condition. I'd sell it to you for about $130 if you'd like.
lol the Geforce 6600 is better and it it's so great why are you so eager to sell it?;)

No way not the 6600gt. Yes the 6600gt if your getting AGP but if you have PCI-E get a sapphire X800GTO. It costs a little more than what you have but I'm sure your find it cheap somewhere or fork out the extra cash needed. The sapphire X800GTO can have a bios change and it is completly the same as the much more expensive X850PE (or XT). It doesn't invole overclocking or anything just a simple bios change. All the X800GTO seires is, is a X850PE (or XT) repackeged and price lowered a lot but they still wanna sell the X850PE so they down clock the X800GTO and turn off 4 pixel pipelines. When other companys except for sapphire found out that people were just changing the bios they started lasering off the extra pipelines. So get the sapphire X800GTO it has a lot more power then anyother card that is similarly priced and can have a bios change to be a hell of a lot more powerful. So if you can fork out the cash for one which isn't a lot more than what you already have get ONE! I have one my self and pritty much everything runs at full detail with antianalising and anstothic filtering! :D

kahlos said:
It costs a little more than what you have.

:rolleyes:

And its the X800GTO2 that unlocks, not the X800GTO. I think theres a specific company that makes the X800GTO that MIGHT unlock, but thats a risk of its own.

the GTO2 is exsactly the same as the GTO it's just that sapphire just wanted it to sound better! The other company is powercolour but gecube did make 10,000 graphics cards before they started cutting the pipelines out! So there's a chance that if you buy a second hand one that it might work.

i see wut you mean the GTO is clocked about the same as the 6600GT but has 8 pixel pipelines while the 6600GT has 8 and has 256-bit instead of 128-bit memory interface, and has 256mb ram.

i've forgot about UT2007(im a dumbass) and am just going to use my old crappy Fx5500 and wait till next year and but a 7800GT or GTX

MrZucchiniHead said:
i see wut you mean the GTO is clocked about the same as the 6600GT but has 8 pixel pipelines while the 6600GT has 8 and has 256-bit instead of 128-bit memory interface, and has 256mb ram.

the 6600GT does not have 256 bit memory interface...

yea but the 6600GT will beat this GTO because nVidia cards support SM3.0 while ATI doesn't, and most games today like quake4, doom3, COD2, FEAR.... are customized for nVidia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom