Ethernet Problems!! Help Please:d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apt_Primo

Beta member
I Re installed Windows XP Professinal ... and after it i had to re install a few drivers and the only one i have had problems finding a driver for is my ethernet card....it has a yellow question mark next to "Ethernet controller" in device manager...can any one help me out please :D

well i dont know too much about it...but it is connected to a wee silver box along with a few USB ports and on the box it says amphenol and that is all .... any use?

When i boot up the computer it notices that there is hardware added but it cant find the software for it. When i ask it to search the internet it doesnt even do a thing, just says couldnt install hardware.. :S

find the cd that came with your motherboard and install the drivers off that. In the event that you can't find that, open up your case and find the make and model of your motherboard and go to their website and find the drivers on their site. If its not a custom system, go to dell.com or whoever makes it and search the model number. Anything built on to the motherboard will have drivers supplied by the manufacturer so just follow that route

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom