P4 2.4 ghz
768 DDR RAM
1 60GB 5000 RPM hard drive + 2 fans
1 80GB 7000 RPM hard drive + 2 fans
2 CD Drives
Geforce4 128 MB
+ about 4 more fans

also it needs to be able to power the new pc i'm planning to build

and also can anyone recommend a silent processor fan for a P4?

i'm planning to build:
pentium 4 3.2 ghz dual core
not sure which mother board maybe Abit Fatal1ty AA8XE
raptor 37 GB hard drive
Corsair (VS512MB533D2), 512MB, DDR2, PC4200, 533MHz X 4
XFX GEFORCE 6600 PCI-E 256MB DUAL DVI *Passive Cooling*

Now i don't really have any idea what i'm doing, everything has changed since i last built a computer, it's all way more complicated .:(

my budget for a psu is probably about £40($68), could stretch to more if it's worth it

i dont know if this would work, but if u got two fans opperating so that the two sound waves (going in the same direction) were completely out of phase they would cancel eachother out... so you wouldnt even hear them. i think i might try this and if i succeed ill get back to you

i dont know if this would work, but if u got two fans opperating so that the two sound waves (going in the same direction) were completely out of phase they would cancel eachother out... so you wouldnt even hear them. i think i might try this and if i succeed ill get back to you

LOL good idea but that usually works best with speakers!

dwavie said:

Sure fans only move air in one direction, but they produce noise in all directions. So it wouldnt work. Also, having two fans blowing directly at each other might cancel out, or atleast reduce their ability to cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom