corrupt DVD? I need to extract it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeRuler99

purveyor of fine cheeses
I have been given the task of compiling my classes documentary assignments onto a compilation DVD. I have used Clad.Net and Avi.Net to extract each DVD into an AVI file. However there is one DVD that is not even recognised on my laptop and when I try it on my other computer the software I am using can only extract about the first 10 seconds of footage.

I really need to extract this DVD so that I can use it for the compilation DVD is there another way to extract DVD content, or a way to read corrupt or unreadable discs? I'm not sure why this is happening, the disc worked fine in the DVD player.

Apparently it is a CRC error. IsoBuster can't do anything, I am using CDCheck 3 at this very moment but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Any ideas?

sounds like a bad disk or a bad burn...in that case...you're out of luck. you will not be able to extract it

Wait... do you think if I plugged a DVD player into the TV tuner card of my computer and then 'recorded' the retarded DVD onto the computer. That should work shouldn't it?

SupremeRuler99 said:
Wait... do you think if I plugged a DVD player into the TV tuner card of my computer and then 'recorded' the retarded DVD onto the computer. That should work shouldn't it?

yes

if this an origianal dvd or a burnt one?

sometimes dvd makers will messed up a dvd, but since it was pressed on and not burnt on, a dvd will played in a home dvd player, but not in a computer. the movie krush groove was like this.

try ripping the vob only files with smartripper, then use ifoedit to create new ifo and bup filesor you can try ripping it with dvd decrypter too, it might try to fix the error (it might think that it is a sony acro protection error)

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/smartripper.cfm
www.ifoedit.com
http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/sr.htm

after you do this, then use your program to convert to avi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom