x2ruff4u

Solid State Member
Ok i dont have a case but this is the stuff i have

Motherboard

Grahics card

A intel celeron 2.93 ghz socekt 478
(fan that goes with it 478 also

Mushkin 512 ddr dram

n im turning it on with a screw driver to give it the signal n everything seems to work but it dont turn the monitor on also when i conected the etherernet card the lights dont show up to show that the slot works or it dont read it but im not sure.....its on the box the motherboard all conected but ughh i dont know how to make it work now everything runs but ughh im so stressed out...

Ewwy video card is all I gotta say... not sure what your problem is though. Try explaining it a bit more clearly and I might be able to help you...

ok i dont have a case i turn it on with a screw driver to give the signal ok.....

second i that i have everything connected n it dont to turn on the montior through the graphics card what do i do?

does it have to do with the jumpers?

ok things you can do.. Make sure the processor is oK (no pins were bent or anything) and mounted/properly greased..

Make sure the ram you are using is compatible.., Try using a different stick as Ram can be quite a sensative item with compatability.. (I can't really help you find this out as I don't know uch about ECC registered etc)

make sure the FSB is set right.. and Try to clear the CMOS (make sure the CMOS jumper isn't stuck in the reset position that can also cause this)

What are the numbers on the ram.. should be a combination of letters/numbers.. ALso did you properly ground yourself while handling it?

x2ruff4u said:
wut do u mean ground urself???

lol.. this could be part of the problem.. WIth electrostatic devices if you are walking on a carpet or something and grab one without Touching grounded metal first..

you have a chance of shocking the part and killing one of the chips on it.

yah n dats wut happeneds i found that the motherboard got burned were the agp slot is but do yah think it also burned the procssor cuz it looked fine to me cuz i could tell it got burned on the graphics card and motherboard..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom