Dual Core Opterons Went Up In Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing new mate...ncix tried to jack the price on my 165 up by $200 until I brought it to their attention and they suddenly discovered it was a "clerical error"...everyone wants these Opterons right now and AMD is having manufacturing problems, therefore those distributors that DO have them are jacking the price up and monarch most likely switched distributors rather than wait what might be months for an ETA

It's good as far as I'm concerned as I'm positive AMD is going to be labeling higher rated processors

To supply certain demand on these processors AMD can definetely use it as an option...I'm not saying they will though, and they don't exactly shout out the public they're selling 185s for the price of 165s

yeah DFI's are the best for overclocking but still why overclock it so high if your talking about the 170 denmark that is origanally at 2.0ghz oc'ing it will shorten its lifespan by alot and could make your pc unstable or even fry the chip. so the most you should oc it to is about 2.4-2.6 unless you are going to use water cooling then that might be ok but thats still kinda dumb.

Life span doesn't matter. It has what a ten year life span and overclocking doesn't reduce it that much. Even if it reduced it by 50% which is way off from the real number, that would still be five years! I will only have this system for 2 years max! Anyways, even if I only get to 2.5ghz, that will still be alot faster than 2.0ghz. I believe you can only fry these chips with too much voltage. Obviously heat is an issue but I will have a Zalman CNPS9500 which should cool very well since it will straight in line with the two 120mm fans I have double stacked in my lower cd-drive bays (mesh grill). It will be sucking in 70 degree farenheit air which should cool it very nicely, and suck all the hot air out with the two more 120mm fans I have double stacked in the rear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom