New Radeon X1300 512MB??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
beedubaya said:
However, Nvidia doesn't rip people off in the high end market like ATI does.
How does ATI rip you off in the high end market? I am thinking of an X1800XT 512mb because I can't afford a 512mb 7800gtx.

If you ask me there both as bad as each other. Just that ATI rules the mid range market with the X800GTO series and Nivida rules the high end market with the 7800GTX. God knows who rules the low end market. With the crossfire and SLI they are pritty much both the same except SLI has a neat in case connector and ATI has this weird outside cable which just gets in the way. I recon the best thing to get at the moment is two X800GTO's which are unlocked and overclocked. There faster and cheap than a single 7800GTX and it to people which care about how there computer looks it looks quite impressive to have two cards:D

003 said:
How does ATI rip you off in the high end market? I am thinking of an X1800XT 512mb because I can't afford a 512mb 7800gtx.

They don't. Beedubya just thinks that because he bought a bad card, all of ATI is completely evil blah blah blah.

the x1800xt is a very good card. I read on a newegg review that is doesn't use 512 mb though, and it just uses 256, but I'm not totally sure if that is true or not, looking at the x1300, it might be.

If I were in your position 003, I'd buy that x1800.

It does use 512mb, it just doen't use 512 bit memory, despite having a 512-bit ringbus, but then again, neither does the 7800gtx...

yeah i cant wait to see if even the GeForce 8 series uses 512-bit memory or is there a card already out there with 512-bit memory?

no there is no card yet that has 512-bit memory, however if ati wanted they could use 512 bit gddr4 memory on the r520 becuase the memory controler supports it, but the 7800gtx currently does not.

7800GTX>X1800XT

unless you OC the X1800XT on DI cooling and keep the 7800GTX on stock speeds, then the XT beats the GTX. :)

the X800GTO was a good card :amazed:

kahlos said:
If you ask me there both as bad as each other. Just that ATI rules the mid range market with the X800GTO series and Nivida rules the high end market with the 7800GTX. God knows who rules the low end market. With the crossfire and SLI they are pritty much both the same except SLI has a neat in case connector and ATI has this weird outside cable which just gets in the way. I recon the best thing to get at the moment is two X800GTO's which are unlocked and overclocked. There faster and cheap than a single 7800GTX and it to people which care about how there computer looks it looks quite impressive to have two cards:D

i don't agree that ATI rules the mid range market, because 6600GT, and the new 6800GS are mid range card and both of them beat the X800GTO, and i don't agree that two X800GTO will beat single 7800GTX. the 7800GTX will out perform the two X800GTO by far + 7800GTX is SM3.0 while X800GTO is SM2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom