2X SLI Video Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is the case, then why are people (apart from E-Penis Size Factor and stupidity) purchasing SLI Systems? Why are people paying double on their video card (and another 25% more again to get the supported motherboard board) only the get 40% improvement?

And why (apart from greed and stupidity) are the motherboard manufacturers going in on this too?

And why (apart from greed and stupidity) are the game devs coding with SLI in mind?

And to we have the same problems with ATI Cross Fire?
People are buying SLI systems because they are thinking it will significantly boast performance...they just haven't researched the many flaws with SLI...the motherboard manufacturer have just been selling SLI chips cause they have a higher profit...the prices on all of the SLI chipsets are $30-40 more than the nf4-ultra...the ultra chipset on the dfi nf4-d can been turned into an nf4-sli simply by closing a resistor...THATS what your paying a premium price for them to do

The game developers aren't writing the SLI code...nvidia has to constantly write and update drivers to use SLI for new games...I haven't really looked into crossfire because its a silly idea using dual cards anyways so I can't comment on that

chad standing said:
The problem with the SLI's are that they have limited interface speed with the tracking system. Once the SLI is logged on, the gigabytes have trouble jumping into the slots, and hence the modem becomes faulty. I think you would be best suited to the onboard(original) card.

Motion to ban :confused:

(read all of his posts)

chad standing said:
The problem with the SLI's are that they have limited interface speed with the tracking system. Once the SLI is logged on, the gigabytes have trouble jumping into the slots, and hence the modem becomes faulty. I think you would be best suited to the onboard(original) card.

<--- Please Click

You're not funny mate. Either post some thing intelligent, or don't post at all.

gaara said:
]People are buying SLI systems because they are thinking it will significantly boast performance...they just haven't researched the many flaws with SLI...the motherboard manufacturer have just been selling SLI chips cause they have a higher profit...the prices on all of the SLI chipsets are $30-40 more than the nf4-ultra...the ultra chipset on the dfi nf4-d can been turned into an nf4-sli simply by closing a resistor...THATS what your paying a premium price for them to do
So it all about the E-Penis then, and the fact that the some manufactures feel they can exploit on this market neiche

Well, this thread has gone on long enough. I should have closed it first thing being as there are so many threads on this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom