p4 2.4 Ghz sl6s9 crashing after boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coopatroopa

Beta member
hi all, i have just brought a p4 2.4 Ghz sl6s9 processor, im currently running a p4 1.8 ghz processor in a asus p4s333 motherboard, both work fine. today i tried to install the processor, it went in fine, and booted up fine, but it then frooze on the desktop about a minute after startup, so i rebooted, and it done the same again.

- ive done some research on this matter, and one website suggested this processor was a laptop processor, is there any issues with that first of all?

- the bus speed of the processor is 400mhz, where as the mobo bus speed is 333mhz, any problems with that?

- and finally, what do you think is causing the computer to crash? settings or the actual cpu?

got the old one in now and its running fine.

help on this would be greatly appreciated

regards

run it in safe modeand see if it still happens. there is probably a driver conflict somewhere when windows is still loading

hi and thanks.......do you think that the new processor would cause this then? cos im running my old processor now and thats fine

it sounds like it is the processor...because it runs fine on the old one..did you try safe mode yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom