Need some serious help! I don't know what happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.

malakius

Baseband Member
I just came back from work, fired up my laptop and a blue screen came up with the Windows XP logo on the upper right side corner. It said something about volume of the disc being dirty and checking it. It did three steps. Then, the computer booted normally, but now I can't access the sound, can't hear anything at all. There is an icon, MD Simple Burner, and everytime I press the right mouse button, I hear a beep.

In short, I can't hear anything! :(

Btw, my sound is SigmaTel-C. I've checked the drivers and everything is alright, but no sound?

I checked everything on the Bios and made a diagnostics test and everything is fine. There is some ****ing thing messing with my sound.

I can't really help you if you don't answer my questions.....

Find the the specifications of your onboard sound and see if you can install the drivers off the Manufactures website. Use GOOGLE!

I am not doing a system restore at all. I am looking for fixing the problem. So far, I have run diagnostics tests, update the driver, both from the control panel and from their website but nothing happens. As I said, my audio is Sigmatel-C.

It happened while Windows XP was doing a hardrive cleanup (volume of the cd was dirty), so I suppose they deleted something or some other program is using my audio drivers.

I can't access the volume controls, and I have found out some other stuff along my audio video and game controllers. Something about Legacy Audio, which I don't know where it came from, since I only had Sigmatel.

Hey your an *******. They are being nice and trying to help you. You dont even kno what you are talking about. The blue screen was most likely doing a chkdsk. Maybe your drives had a corrupt file and your sound drivers got deleted or messed up. Try going into the device manager and uninstalling the sound drivers then installing them again.
Also check if your volume is on and that its on in the Volume Control.

Yeah man, your a ****... How about you calm down and listen to some of these people. THERE SMARTER THAN YOU WILL EVER BE!!! *reports post*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom