3500 vs. 3200

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerodayATK

Daemon Poster
i just ordered a pc with 3200 and now i believe i can send it back to get a 3500 for the same price is it worth it is the 3500 as over clockable i was goingt otry to attempt my frst overclock and was wondering whick was better ....?

3200 will get a higher overclock (since
3500 will be easier to over clock (FSB will not have to pushed as high)
Well it depends (motherboard, memory)

They are exactly the same except for the fact that the multiplier is set as a different value

The 3500 version of the opteron (1mb cache 2Ghtz) is most likely the best overclocker out now

i wouldnt bother sending it back. 3200's are good overclockers and there isnt much difference between the 3200+ and 3500+.

waynejkruse10 said:
i wouldnt bother sending it back. 3200's are good overclockers and there isnt much difference between the 3200+ and 3500+.

i agree but if its an even exchange then why not, this way if you dont like the overclock you still have a faster processor.

ok but i was just wandering because i might send it back to upgrade the mobo and graphics card and if they would give me the 3500+ i was just wandering if it was alot better and if it wuold be able to be overclocked

3500+ and 3200+ will overclock the same, with the 3500+ being a little better in some cases. >_< Duh.

There isn't that much difference though. You won't notice .2GHz unless you're benchmarking. But an upgrade of the mobo and video card is well worth sending it back. Do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom