How do I switch hard drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PcMe

Daemon Poster
Long story, but I need my default to be C instead of D. I just built my computer, but I can't put anything on it supposively since it says it doesn't have enough room.
I just need it to switch to drive c and recognize it, since it has 80gigs on it.

Right click on My Computer and select Manage. Then click on Disk Management on the left under Storage. You can change drive letters and such from there.

Hi i need help installing a new hard drive also. I am going to buy a hard drive soon just to upgrade an old computer of mine so that somebody else can use it. It runs Pentium 2 now, and Win 95 OS. It only has about 8 gigs total right now including what i have used. I need help about how to add the second drive on, and i have no idea how to get the OS on there. I want the new drive to be the master. Any help would be appreciated. You could give me a link.

Bo0m

insert the new drive (use the end IDE cable - primary) > Open Bios change boot order to CD ROM first > load in windows > select the new drive > partition > install > The new drive will auto set to the default drive since it was the last drive to have windows installed on it

if you are movin up on the os.....lets say you are movin to xp from 98 ...........when you insert the cd......choose to select the drive you want.....once in windows it will pick up its root drive automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom