Floppy Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, floppies have proved really helpful in transferring small amounts of data, and burning info onto a C-D takes longer. I mean, a C-D can hold 700 Mb of data, and a few small reports would fill only a small portion of a disk. Floppies should stay around for awhile b/c it's an easy way to carry data that's about 200 KB in a 1.44 disk.

They are still useful
If I am working on a paper at school and I need to save it and wanna work more on it at home
whip out a floppy

Personally, I havent used a floppy in years, now that cd-burners are out, I havent seen a reason, even if iyts small amounts of info, a blank cd costs like wat, 50 cents, you cant even buy a floppy at that price, lol

I wish every comp had a ZIP 100 like mine.. the zip disks hold decents amounts of info.. and Are alot stronger than a floppy.. i did a test.. threw a floppy against the wall then a zip.. the floppy disk was dead.. and the zip was perfectly fine :D

I believe floppys are a necessity until
* You can boot all HW from other media
* You can flash BIOS and such safely through other the means of other media
As a professional I'm usiong floppies every day for various purposes and thruthfully, I can't work without them.
I Wish I could though :(

Floppy drives have about 2 years left. Most operating systems nowadays boot from CD-ROM and most motherboards support this. Flash BIOS however runs from floppy drives. Eventually we will be able to write to a CD the same way we can by Floppy. ie. Drag N Drop.

Murdy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom