Unlocking X800GTO Pixel Pipelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahlos

In Runtime
Hi
I have a gecube X800GTO and i have heard that you can unlock more pixel pipelines on certain X800GTO sereis cards. I have also heard that the X800GTO serieis cards can be overclocked and unlocked to get a maximum speed almost identical to a X850PE series card and with only stock cooling. So is it possible to get my X800GTO to an X850PE? and if so how do i do it?

as far as i know the only X800GTO that can be unlocked are the connect3d and the saphire GTO2

I would say it is worth a try, and as previously said, use Rivatuner. If it doesn't work (artifacts and what not), then no harm no foul, just go back to stock settings.

I haven't got the graphics card yet as I'm building a computer. So do you think that I should sell the Gecube one and get a sapphire / connect 3d one? So in other words is the performance increase actually worth the effort?

Well, if your gonna have a better chance of doing it i would say get the sapphire or connect3d. Im gonna mention that the 6800GS from nvidia can do the same, unlock 12-16 and oc to 6800gt speeds.

Lol wow. Obviously you were misinformed. The 6800GS with 12 pipelines will overclock further and perform better than a 6800GT that is overclocked. That and the fact that it doesn't have the extra pipelines in the first place. It is a different GPU.

yea there will be a large differance if u get 1 that u can unlock. and if u got the saphire GTO2 (MAKE SURE ITS NOT JUST THE GTO) so far there is a 100% success rate with unlocking

i think the gto2 is just a locked down version of the x850, so yea, as kahlos said, pretty much all of them unlock sucsessfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom