New Video Card Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezerguy187

Baseband Member
I just recently bought a geXcube radeon 9600xtg to replace my old 3dfx card. I took out the 3dfx card and put my new card in. I uninstalled all of the 3dfx voodoo drivers and installed the ati drivers off of the cd. At the end of the installation it came up with an error that said "setup was unable to complete the installation. Try to setup your display adaptor with a standard VGA driver before running setup." I pressed ok and it just seemed like it finsished the update. I then tried to play counter-strike and 15 seconds into the game it freezes and i have to restart. Please someone help me on how to get my video card to work.

As the setup instructed u to do .. change ur display card driver to standard Vga .. restart the system .. Then install the drivers for the Ati Drivers .. U might hafta restart again ..
This should solve the problem

Thats the thing, i dont know how to set up standard vga. Ive tried pressing F8 at startup but i dont see where i can set up VGA. Do i need to uninstall my 9600xtg again to get it?

Yes you do. Go in control panel, install/remove software and uninstall your video card driver and control panel.
Before you do this though, download and install direct 9X first then go to the ATI site www.ati.com and download the latest drivers (4.1). The package comes with your ATI control panel which will automatically install after the drivers have been installed.
The drivers you have on the installation cd are an older version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom