SLI Power Supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sin-simplisty

Solid State Member
Hello everyone,

I was wondering about something. I plan on buying a new motherboard that happens to be a SLI board (Asus nForce 4 SLI). If I were to purchase this board, would I need to buy a special power supply for the SLI motherboard? I noticed that some power supplies were specialy built for "SLI" boards. I will be running only one video card. I will NOT be running dual cards. Anyone know the answer?

Do I need a special power supply for a SLI motherboard (while running one video card)?

no you dont need one if you are only running one card.you dont even need one if you are running two cards as long as you current PSU is good enough already.

Nope just a regular old power supply will be fine. If you run 2 cards, you just need one that's a little more powerful, closer to 600W. My OCZ Modstream 520W is an awesome PSU and i'd highly suggest it to you. OCZ is just a great company that produces products with high quality and reliability.

Hey - thanks for the speedy replies! You both were awesome help! You two = incredible. Okay, I'm done sucking up. Anywho - thanks for the advice on the product Riceball!

LOL thanks for the suckup... I get it all the time. jk jk but good luck pwning noobs with your new computer :D

I do that all ready without the new computer! :p :p

I just got a screeny in CSS for when I went over 100 kills and only 45 deaths. Pwned? I think so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom