New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson_b18

Solid State Member
Hi
I feel bad about asking this but it need to be done. I am new to building computers, I have some understanding of this(I installed a wireless intenet adapter in my computer so thats gotta mean something). But anyway, I would really appreciate if someone could tell me what kind of things to buy and where to get them(I live in Bradford, which is like an hour south of toronto and an hour north of barrie, and the closet computer stores to me are futureshop and best buy but i dont know if they have quality parts.

This is what i will be uses the computer for
GAMING (but old games like Diablo 2 and maybe new ones so dont really worry about this(ill probably get a good video card anyway)
MUSIC
MSN
SCHOOLWORK(im 16 by the way)
thats all i can think of but if you could help then it would be great and i really dont wwant to be spending over 1000 but if i have to i have to.

Wow you don't need much, something like a Athlon XP 2600 with 512MB of RAM and a GeForce 5200 128MB, 80+GB HDD, CD Burner, Power Supply with at least 350W. It would be great for you, you don't need much, so, that would cost about 500-600$ (I'm talking in canadian dollars, sry I'm not from US) that would be with monitor if it's a good deal.

Hope it's help you out!

DO NOT go to bestbuy or Futureshop. Great, you want to build it yourself so that will save you alot of money. Use these guys:

http://www.ncix.com/

or:

http://cancomputer.com/index.php

They will deliver to you. Shipping charges may apply. I will make a system for you. I would go a little better then what Legend put there.

Do you have anything? Ie monitor , windows, mouse...etc.?

Hey Legend dont worry i am from canada
but like i want my computer to be fast so like games coming out like this year i could play on them and they would be fast
wat exactly is ram

well do i really need another case cuz i have one
its really old(from windows 98 and an emachines

Well as long as its ATX and a new power supply would fit, I guess you could reuse it. I personally would just get a new one....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom