Boot up logo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccerstar

Beta member
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows hot to make an image that you want display on the computer boot up before the POST?
The same effect as when you buy a name brand PC and you turn it on and it says its company name such as Compaq or Sony.

I would really appreciate the help.

-Ryan

Thats cool thanks, but im talking about the thing that takes up the entire screen before the POST is displayed. Maybe this is that just at full screen size. If someone knows could you clarify that for me.

It depends on what type of motherboard you have and if it supports the ability to chage your BIOS diagnostic screen into a simple bitmap.

Keep in mind though that the bitmap will probably be limited to 256 colours.

Even my old Socket370 QDI motherboard's latest BIOS update gave the ability to change the 'diagnostic' screen into a swanky picture.

A good idea would be to reply back to this thread and let me know what manufacturer made your motherboard.

If you don't know who made your motherboard - use a program called SiSoft Sandra 2001 from Downloads.com

The next step would be to visit your motherboard manufacturer's website and download the latest flash file to update your ROM chip.

This may then give you the ability to change your BIOS post.

If your m/b doesn't support it however, then there is no chance of us being able to do this - apart from purchasing a new motherboard!

I hope this helps in some way
Kind regards
Luke

he wants to change the LOGO.sys file,,,

the Large boot Pic that usually takes up the screen during boot of XP,,

I have a document somewhere on this and there is a utility with it,,

will post if I am able to locate,,

cheers,

the one before the POST is the one that i would like to chang/add I do not know what it is doing so i cannot really explain it. Its like if you bought a computer from HP and immediately when the computer is turned on you see their logo in a full screen format and that is what i would like to do.

Are you using laptop? That screen usually appears before booting Windows. I'm using Compaq laptop and I want to change too. It's very ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom