Issues Installing New Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, fixed that. Now I have a different issue.

Computer turned on .. I went into BIOS and set everything to fail-safe default. Then when I save and exit and computer resets, I see:

Boot from CD:
Boot from CD:
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISKA ND PRESS ENTER.

(I have IS7 motherboard. Any ideas here on how to resolve this issue?)

Are you tring to install windows? do you have a hard drive plugged in with windows on it? It cant find an os. Is this a brand new build?
ps how did you fix your monitor problem?

No, the hard-drive should already have windows on it ... as well as all my music and important files The only thing brand new about it is the mobo. How should I set my boot priority?

p.s. I did a few things. I unplugged everything and replugged it all back in. I changed my headsink. Took out and put back in my processor. Changed RAM slots. Changed my HD from select to master. Reset my CMOS.

nice work my guess is the ram switch did the trick. Does bios recognize your hard drive? I prefer to set boot to 1. hd 2. floppy 3. cdrom realizing that I may need to switch this if I want to boot from a cd with my OS installed. boot hapens a little faster if bios is not searching floppies and cd's prior to boot.

"1. hd 2. flppy 3. cdrom"

HD = Hard Disk = Hard Drive?, right?

And how do I check if bios recognizes hard drive.

you are right about hd = harddrive. First make sure it is plugged in correctly. for a pata drive which is most likely what you have should just have to plug ide cable (wide wirelike cable) into back of hd and then into mb. plug in molex (power 4 plug thing) into hd You can look in bios under primary ide channel and see if it lists your hd. (unless you have a sata drive is so let us know)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom