cont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRreed

In Runtime
my bad.
and i want to insal a new video card. im not sure what i need, or if i can instal it.......... here are my comp. specs. Intel® Pentium® 4 processor 630 with HT Technology and EM64T enhancement; 512MB PC3200 DDR memory, 200GB Serial ATA hard drive and Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900 im not sure about the power ............ my price range is between 100-200..........
i started playing aoe, and empire earth when they first came out, i picked up the new copies and aoe runs bad i guess its the card............... anyway those are the types of game i like to play im not sure about the type of expansion slots i have or what that even means. sorry any help?
thanks

6600GT will play AOE3 at full settings (without filtering)

6800GS might be able to play with filtering (not sure since I don't know anyone that has it yet)

How many Amps are on your +12v

(You most likely have PCI E)

they are card types there connectionis also different. But as i saod if you can look into the spec's and see if its AGP,PCI, or which i dont thik gateway has lol PCI-E. you most likey have AGp slot with a gateway and since its new it should.

these are the specs i got from gateways website
Three PCI Conventional
One PCI Express ×1
One PCI Express ×16

a little too high, id like to stay below the 150 mark
is there a dif between pci & pci-e, if im not buying a high end card?
and i have a 300w ps will that do the trick?

ive also seen some 128 cards priced higher than 256 cards.
i know there are other factors that make up a cards performance
at this point im just ready to do the **** thing
so any other replies please suggest a card that will you guys think will fit my needs "basic"........... but not a dud keep in mind that $150 mark
thanks for all the help....
next time i post ill do my homework i promise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom