Dell RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayaprayer

In Runtime
I have a dell I tried taking some ram out of and putting into another PC. It didn't seem like it wanted to fit. Do they make their own custom ram? I didn't want to force it. I had the notch lined up it just seemed like the notch was smaller then my slot's notch. Ideally it should fit right?

is it sd ram or rd ram? what is the speed of the ram ie pc100 to pc3200? what is the speed of the ram on the new comp? keep in mind when you put more ram into a new computer both chips will only run as fast as the slowest one

its 512MB SD DDR RAM and is PC3200. The problem isn't in speed, its the fact it doesn't seem to fit in the slot of the mobo.

hmmm that sould fit fine. Pull out your other ram chip and compare. Dell uses standard ram. Just making sure you understood ram speeds. Have had friends put pc100 in a new machine and say "boy that seemed to slow my comp down but I have more ram why?"

beat it in with a hammer :D :D :D

seriously, compare them like he said then take scissors and fine tune the dell ram to your liking...

ok lol, enough screwing around.. hehe :D dont force it if it dont want come.. i have two pci motherboards yet my pci modem doesnt fit in one of them.. its weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom