5950 w/ DDR3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
THats not the questions guys, what makes this card so bad? Im sure if i had one i could make it scream but there is really no point cause i have a 6800GT. I guess it wouldnt hurt for my LAN machine but w/e. Oh and HL2 actualy runs good on my 5700.

beedubaya said:
The FX series sucked, I try to forget about it. Games are still made with "DX8 paths" just because FX series cards were so bad at DX9 rendering that people who still have FX cards must play in DX8. Half Life 2 wont even run in DX9 on an FX card! The FX series is Nvidia's equivalent of ATI's X800 Pro series. They sucked so bad they aren't worth mentioning.

That's incorrect, because i had my FX 5200 it ran DX9.0c and HL2 at 800*600 Medium Settings. 30-50fps constant.

Exactly, before when i had my 5600ultra i OCd it hardcore and it rocked. I believe the FX series just lacked proper cooling and proper clock speeds.

Ridlyn said:
That's incorrect, because i had my FX 5200 it ran DX9.0c and HL2 at 800*600 Medium Settings. 30-50fps constant.

fx 5200 is dx9.0 card not dx9.0c, and how did u know that ir runs on dx9.0c?? my fx5200 in my old computer runs HL2 in dx8.0, and i used to play at 800x600 with high details, it wasn't smooth but it was playable, but with my new video cad 6600 i play it 1024x768 with high details smoothly and in DX9.0

and how did u know that ir runs on dx9.0c
Under the advanced tab settings in video options it says what your DX version is running next to DX Hardware or w/e. You can also use a command in the console to make it run DX9. THats what im doing in my LAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom