IE vs Firefox...bleh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vormund

Daemon Poster
It's OBVIOUS firefox wins...hah...! I'm just curious if anyone knows of an app to precache Firefox, so it's startup speed is comparable to that of IE?!

kostas said:
what the hell is this thread about??

since IE is built into windows, it starts up much quicker than firefox, he wanted a way to preload firefox to start up as quickly as IE

some people happen to like IE, and have different opinions of firefox...

i happen to use firefox for downloading, and IE for browsing.

They both work decent...but Firefox just has a few things a bit better:- loading text before images (owned on dial-up, not so much on highspeed), and the tabbed browsing. That's pretty much all I use it for...

Now of course there are the billion plugins, such as calendars and everything else, that you'd never find in IE, for those who like that--and the other dozens of reasons I ignored...

JD:
They both have popup blockers--that both work 99% of the time for me (accurately, as well).

TheRecluse:
Just as you said! Yup, IE is precached in explorer.exe, which is why it loads so fast... but with this:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffpreloader/
program, firefox is just as fast, or faster now:)

jingyong:
Not too good of an idea to ask about your problems in another thread--for I don't have a clue what you're talking about without searching your posts...

The only thing I know is if your computer is older--or the motherboard is--at least three years, just go for a new one. That was my problem when my computer decided to start resetting...

Good luck all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom