Upgrading my Mousy. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riceball said:
I personally would take the G5 over the Copperhead and the G7 because although the Copperhead has more buttons, i just don't like the feel of the mouse with those butttons and when i was checking it out at Best Buy, it seemed as if i was going to press those buttons accidentally if i was in a game. I definitely loved the feel of the G5, it seemed to fit my hand perfectly. Also Logitech is a very good company that makes products with great quality and reliability. G5 hands down :D

I don't think anyone could have put it better. I agree whole heartedly. Logitech is a very good company with great quality and reliability put into their products. The G5 can have the weight changed on it, which is also nice, so you can get the feel that you are actually using a mouse and not a feather or something to move that pointer/person around on the screen. Go for the G5, and you won't be disappointed.

Riceball said:
First of all, wireless mice ARE good for gaming if you get the right one, everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and says they're bad.
Yes, you definitely need to get the RIGHT wireless mouse. My aunt and uncle recently bought a Dell and opted for the wireless keyboard/mouse combo, and it was horrible. Seemed like there was practically a quarter-second of lag on the mouse, and that was just on the desktop. I couldn't imagine gaming with that thing. All of this chatter makes me want to drop the $50 for the G5 even though I wasn't even looking for a new mouse in the first place (my old Dell USB mouse made by Logitech has been treating me well)! .. must resist ..

toxicity_27 said:
Get the Razer if you have smaller hands. I have big hands and the Razer is just too small. The G5 is nice because you can add weights to it, and it is larger and more comfortable in my opinion.
You can add weight to the razer as well :rolleyes: It has these things you put in the bottom of it. Also if you're left handed, you have to get the razer. The G% is for right handed people but the razer can be used for both.

edit:
heres a review of the copperhead:
http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-21730-2495-x-x-x
g5:
http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-22471-2523---x

BTW, to the guy who says wireless mice are just as good for gaming, you are in correct. ALL wireless mice have SOME lag, even if you don't notice it. It's kind of like a 6ms LCD, even if it's very hard to notice ghosting or tearing, a CRT is still better. If you are a hardcore gamer, the only way to go is wired.

OK listen up wireless haters. This is coming from someone who actually uses and has a high quality wireless gaming mouse. I have the Logitech G7. Let me tell you, it is amazing. I notice absolutly no lag, or intereference whatsoever. It is perfect due to the 2.4 GHz connection. The tracking is amazing and the feel is great. The only thing is like once every day you have to switch out the battery pack. It takes me only 5 seconds to do, so i do it during a pause in the game. It is a seamless transaction. Do not let anyone tell you not to get a wireless mouse. If i were you and was looking for a mouse, the G7 is an excellent pick, especially if you want wireless.

I've got both the Copperhead and the Diamondback. There is absolutely no noticable difference in performance between the 2000 DPI vs. 1600 DPI. The mice themselves have noticable exterior differences like color, buttons and a new pulsing razer logo, but other then that... they are the same. I basically got the Copperhead because it matches my saitek eclipse keyboard and all the colors in my thermaltake shark case.

I also have a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. I use this also. Basically the two sit on my coffee table infront of my TV - which is right next to my computer. I can then use my extended desktop on my TV and navigate away from the PC. It's pretty cool.

PZEROFGH said:
i got my MX518 and people though i hacked :eek: but my mouse was just too good for them :)

Yeah i have the MX518 also and i love it. It fits nice and the side buttons work well too. Now when i'm at work my thumb always "fishes" for the side (page back) button, but its never there. :mad: So yeah its nice in my book and I got it on sale at Best Buy a couple months ago since the prices dropped after the G5/G7 came out.

I have the G5 and it's great. I know it has much larger "feet" (whatever they are called, the things that make it slide better) than the 518 and it looks like they are larger than the Razors. One thing to note is that the scroll wheel is hard to press down and i wish there was a forward and back buttons like on the 518.

Sport1031 said:
OK listen up wireless haters. This is coming from someone who actually uses and has a high quality wireless gaming mouse. I have the Logitech G7. Let me tell you, it is amazing. I notice absolutly no lag, or intereference whatsoever. It is perfect due to the 2.4 GHz connection. The tracking is amazing and the feel is great. The only thing is like once every day you have to switch out the battery pack. It takes me only 5 seconds to do, so i do it during a pause in the game. It is a seamless transaction. Do not let anyone tell you not to get a wireless mouse. If i were you and was looking for a mouse, the G7 is an excellent pick, especially if you want wireless.
Yeah, but you're not a pro gamer, you are most likely somewhere in high school or college and play games in your free time, every nanosecond of lag counts for pro gamers, and like I said, even if you don't notice it, it's still there. also, the G5 has a 1000hz/8ms polling rate, the copperhead has a 1000hz/1ms polling rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom