New pc - any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got like 450 gbp to mess with....

I just read (is it tom reily's) guide on building a pc under $500, it was half decent and it cost 300 gbp, so i think that serves as a guide :) he also got a 939 board with both zagp and pcie for a reasonable sum so i may be looking to this guide too, and corsair value looks quite reasonably prices aswell. Though i would probably up the processor recommended from a 64 bit 3000 to a 3200 :) (for the cost involved should be worth it)

Okay 450 is roughly the minimum amount I have to mess with, the highest being 600.

Ive found an x800 256mb card on ebuyer for just ove £100, it means i would need pci express but with my budget now hopefully higher (due to a certain amount of overtime) it is now a possibility?

I know these cards are now being replaced but with a low budget an x800 hsould exceed the 9600 i was considering?

update

Just as a form of conclusion on this long running thread, just about got everything together along the following specs:

RAM: 1GB Kingston
Hard disk: 160gb ATA
Optical Drives: 56x CDROM + dvd-r/rw/ram with cd-rw
Graphics:256mb radeon 9800se (absolutely hopeless but might be soft-moddable)

Things yet to roder:
Motherboard
CPU

The motherboard is dealt with, but what you guys recommend for cpu? I was looking at stock levels from ebuyer and it changes so fast that whatever i egt will end up being an opportunity buy. I was looking at the 3500 but for about 70 more id get a dual core 3800, im really tempted, what ay think?

be tempted to get the 3800+ and get the X2 3800+

but if you really dont have the money the 3700+ san diego is almost as good

hi

cheers for the advice, nice and direct.

X2 3800 it is. If i can get hold of one that is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom