Hard drive is spinning but no files showing - failure....HELP please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintercap

Solid State Member
My HD was reported failure on my original computer(PC.1). The boot up only lasted to the page where it shows the Window XP page which has a green processing bar running on the black background. I removed the HD and place it in an enclosure device, plugged that into another computer (PC.2) that also runs a XP platform. It happened XP recognize there is a new USB plugged in and it also identify it is a mass storage drive which was plugged in, but then it failed to commuincate with this PC.2 afterwards. I clicked on My Computer and see there is no addditon drive showing which supposed to. I guess my HD is dead? But the motor inside is running and I hear no funny noise. What is the problem...how can I recitfy fix this. Not good! Not funny at all.

Anyone can please, please.... help me......

savage my life!

Wow, im really confused. So I think: The hard drive is spinning but nothing is showing up. How is xp running :confused: :confused:

The motor in the HD apprarently is running. But on PC 1, all I see was to the extent of the page where u see the green processing bar and Windows XP logo. Then, it will automatically reboot again and again. However, when I removed the HD and placed it in an enclosure device, and plug it into another PC, PC2, I thoguht I was suppose to read files in tht HD like any external plug-n-play HD.

ok./. does the bios on the first computer properly see the drive.. you may have to end up using third party partition recovery software..

tht's my thought too. PC 1 detected the drive when it first cannot boot up the HD and informed on the bios screen saying there might be hardware problem. If that is the case, where can I find the recovery software?

try using a repair on windows though.. it may just be corrupt and bad referances due to copying windows from driv eto drive.

I have sent the HD to someone who is more techcie than I am to take a look at it. I will also try to hear from his side and keep us all updated on the progress in "saving the private HD" which has more then half a year of sales records. By all means, the businesses for the next six months are on the line. Not even mentioning the dear Xmas batch....god save me...if there's one.

Thank for all your kindest advice and good wishes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom