7800Gtx vs my 6800gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why cant i find the winfast 7800gtx with 256mb...extreme edition anywhere? and still cant decide what to get. Also, I threw the other drivers in, and lowered my settings just a bit, and everything is fine. :) I still want more performance.

Yeah, but im comparing bfg's oc'd 7800GTX with the Leadtek 7800GTX and The Leadtek wins out with 30 more core clock. and 50 less mem clock...which with the massive heatsink fan combo, should allow for some more oc'ing. I am not sure which yet, but i dont think a 512 is worth it.

You may not like UT, but a great deal of future games will be based off of Unreal Engine 3, which the only single-card solution available today that will play it well is the GeForce 7800GTX 512MB. And I don't even think it will be able to max it. UT2007 will probably be a game that is unable to be maxed upon release because the hardware just wont be available. Its only a year away. To explain why this game will be so demanding, part of it is the textures, which are 2048x2048, compared to Doom 3's 256x256. Yes, its going to change the way we look at gaming forever, much like Doom 1 did and then Half Life 1 did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom