Is this good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pudkins

Solid State Member
I apologize if i did something wrong but the ules confues mee. there is no general topic for PC setups. And to stay on topic, i didnt post in another thread. So i ended up crerateing my own. Im starting from scratch to build a PC and its the first time ive done this. This is what i was thinking of:

ASUS Black 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model DVD-E616A BLACK - Retail

eVGA 256-P2-N386 Geforce 6800GS 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 Socket 939 ULi M1695 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JB 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive - OEM

CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail

Antec Solution SLK3000-B Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 1GHz FSB 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor - Retail

I dont know any good psu brands or models so any help with that would be appreciated. Also, would i need anymore fans to oc the cpu? ive heard the vence core is good for this. Is this good for playing next gen games at decent quality? if not, any suggestions?

thanks a lot

I would probably go with Zalman for the cooling.
Any 500 Watt PSU will do fine for your setup + be a little future proof as well incase you wish to update your GPU one day.

bradybnmci said:
I would probably go with Zalman for the cooling.
Any 500 Watt PSU will do fine for your setup + be a little future proof as well incase you wish to update your GPU one day.

So the rest is fine? i dont need additional cooling if i want to OC the cpu? And the rest is compadible + will handle games like fear and cod2?

Honestly Im not the Hardware guru by any means... Other members in here get off on building machines... you may want to wait for a more reliable source before you commit to anything.

But yeah... that will play those games just fine.

Seasonic is the best psu s12-500 from scan.co.uk it's quiet, power efficient and the voltages across the different rails are solid. The 600W version s12-600 is only £10 more.
source: Custom PC Nov 2005

thanks for all the help. But no hardware gurus seem to be replying... OCing still puzzles me because my friend said he needed more cooling to OC his 3200+ venice. If i need more than the one case fan, any recomendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom