Windows sounds not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Humbucker said:
I have it configured the same as I always have - and I've had it the best part of the year. Like I said in my original post, EVERYTHING else is working sound-wise. I'm not saying there isn't a chance the problem lies with my soundcard - I'm saying it seems unlikely as nothing has changed with it.

OK. you win. Don't bother bumping the thread again.
you give us nothing and think we should solve your problem.

Edit. this part was deleted. if you wasn't getting an atititude, you would have realized that the answer was probably in this part

EricB said:
OK. you win. Don't bother bumping the thread again.
you give us nothing and think we should solve your problem.

I give you nothing by describing my problem in detail? Or don't you believe me when I say my soundcard settings are the same as they always have been? BTW don't tell me what to do.

Humbucker said:
I give you nothing by describing my problem in detail? Or don't you believe me when I say my soundcard settings are the same as they always have been? BTW don't tell me what to do.

I guess this thread is officially closed. you can't tell when somebody is trying to help you

tractorboy said:
sorry can'y help you then

I see why you quit helping him, tractrboy. he seems to know more than us.

Humbucker said:
I have it configured the same as I always have - and I've had it the best part of the year. Like I said in my original post, EVERYTHING else is working sound-wise. I'm not saying there isn't a chance the problem lies with my soundcard - I'm saying it seems unlikely as nothing has changed with it.

Earlier Post

Humbucker said:
I think something has changed some setting somewhere.

making up your mind

I can't tell when someone is trying to help me? Look at my post history - I am always appreciative of any help/assistance. I can also certainly tell when someone is being an ass for the sake of it too. You're obviously too up yourself to deal with the likes of me, so why don't you just stop posting in this thread? If somebody else wants to offer any ideas/help/advice then that's their call, nothing to do with you. I dread to think how you'd be throwing your weight around if you were a moderator. :rolleyes:

To anyone else - any other thoughts on my problem are much appreciated, sorry this thread has been sidetracked a little.

Humbucker said:
I can't tell when someone is trying to help me? Look at my post history - I am always appreciative of any help/assistance. I can also certainly tell when someone is being an ass for the sake of it too. You're obviously too up yourself to deal with the likes of me, so why don't you just stop posting in this thread? If somebody else wants to offer any ideas/help/advice then that's their call, nothing to do with you. I dread to think how you'd be throwing your weight around if you were a moderator. :rolleyes:

To anyone else - any other thoughts on my problem are much appreciated, sorry this thread has been sidetracked a little.

Wow.. read this thread for the beginning. act like you are somebody else when you are reading.

everytime you are get advice, you only follow through with part of it or you ignore the advice. then you keep saying that there is nothing wrong with your settings.

guess what? there is something wrong with your settings or you wouldn't be here. Now I have help a few people out with m audio cards before. they are configured a little different than regular sound cards. the part that I edited out of this subject would have explained that a little better

I tell you to post a couple of pictures, so I can get an idea of what going on (how your sound is set up), yet you ignored that advice twice and then you had the nerve bump the subject.

I tell you a secret. tractorboy was getting frustrated from helping you too (why do you think those letters was capitalized).

ask anybody here on who is one of the the top helpers here. I was trying to see your configuration, because despite what you think, you didn't provide much info

EricB said:
Wow.. read this thread for the beginning. act like you are somebody else when you are reading.

everytime you are get advice, you only follow through with part of it or you ignore the advice. then you keep saying that there is nothing wrong with your settings.

guess what? there is something wrong with your settings or you wouldn't be here. Now I have help a few people out with m audio cards before. they are configured a little different than regular sound cards. the part that I edited out of this subject would have explained that a little better

I tell you to post a couple of pictures, so I can get an idea of what going on (how your sound is set up), yet you ignored that advice twice and then you had the nerve bump the subject.

I tell you a secret. tractorboy was getting frustrated from helping you too (why do you think those letters was capitalized).

ask anybody here on who is one of the the top helpers here. I was trying to see your configuration, because despite what you think, you didn't provide much info

OK, how many times do I have to repeat, the sound card settings are exactly the SAME as they always have been. You underestimate my knowledge of soundcards - I have been doing home recording for 6 years. I've provided as much info as I possibly can, pics wouldn't make any difference. What exactly have I only followed through partly? I think what this boils down to is, you have no idea what the problem is, so you turn it around on me "not providing enough info".

Here, I'll summarise the advice you've given me:-

Disable onboard sound in the BIOS

Already done

Post pics of your soundcard configuration

Settings are the same as they have always been

BTW I did see the little part you edited in earlier, in this case it wasn't helpful because like I keep saying repeatedly - my soundcard settings HAVEN'T changed. You are really full of yourself, that is plain to see. You're obviously way too superior to the likes of me. Idiot.

Humbucker said:
OK, how many times do I have to repeat, the sound card settings are exactly the SAME as they always have been.

then why the hell are you posting, idiot? I was giving you the benfit of the doubt. I thought that you didn't realize the you were act like an asshole. I was still trying to help you.your true colors are showing

I am going to let your dumb butt stay in the dark.

Humbucker said:
I have been doing home recording for 6 years.

I can't tell

Humbucker said:
You're obviously way too superior to the likes of me.

yeah, I'm human

Let check back on all of the details that you provided.
1.my sound settings remains the same
2.duh...

What you are so busy being a butt hole, check some of my posts to see what I specialize in.

talldude123 said:
if everything else fails, i would just repair windows

You mean reinstall? Maybe, but I can live without a few generic Windows sounds - so I doubt I would take things that far. On the other hand, reformating is good every once in a while. I'm sure I'll get this fixed though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom