19" lcd monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
oneforall said:
I can't decide now between the Viewsonic VP191B and the VP930b. What are the main diff. anyone have personal experience. It is a must that it can play media very good and still be able to stay up with graphics in the future. I noticed that the VP191B is not on the Viewsonic site anymore?

Hmmm. i own a vp191b and its great. That vp930b looks slightly better than the vp191b and might be the "replacement" model for the 191b....we need to find out if the 930b uses a mva or a tn panel. If it uses a mva panel then u want it. If it uses a tn panel then go for the 191b... i will post back in a bit.

i got a philips 190X5 and after my horrible 17 inch crt its just plain awesome. All this talk about how video and photos don't look great, is just rubbish really. Unless you are making movies for studios, no one needs the highest fidelity or anything like that. Photos look great, vivid and crystal clear, movies are nice too. I can't say too much about games, but i played one race on need for speed 3 hotpursuit, and it was far superior, and brighter than my old crt.

The jump from crt to lcd in my opinion is well worth it. I was originally going to go for a 17 inch model, but since its native resolution was 1280 x 1024, i thought the dot pitch would be a little on the small side, even smaller than my 17 inch at 1024 x 768, but the 19 inch one i have, is just right, even at 1280 x 1024.

Dude, get what I've got, its super cheap and excellent,

ACER 1914AB 239.99 from newegg free ship... Its 8ms and looks marveous on todays games that I play like FEAR and COD2 it looks wonderful.

Dude, first off link doesn't work. Next off, don't spend a load of cash, I just got my LCD like last week, and this thing is awesome....

Heres link, check it out - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824009067

I got it on sale for 239.99 now its back to retail of 249.99

EXCELLENT BANG FOR THE BUCK!!! Read some of the reviews m8...

EDIT - ALSO!!!! REMEMBER **** Anything above 12ms has shadowing... just keep that in mind while your shopping around.

sry sry, it is the Acer 1914AB 19" 8ms and a 400:1 Contrast Ratio... 16.7 mill. colors, I dunno if you really wanna go all out and spend that much cash, go for it, but I'm not kidding man the one I got is beautiful.

400:1 contrast ratio is a little low. I would go no less than a 600:1 ratio. Mine is 800:1 contrast ratio. I would suggest getting a Samsung or Viewsonic. Those are the best brands. LG makes good ones too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom