laptop batter

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuke

Daemon Poster
laptop battery

I have a sony pcg-f560 laptop, and i didn't work with it for at least one mounth. When i turned it on today, the power doesn't recharge my battery. I let it run for 2 hours and still no charging it. when I unplug it, it turns off. do you know what can i do? plz help me fast.

Before leading you in the correct direction, let me ask you this, does the laptop begin to charge when the power is off but the adapter is plugged in?
Do you have a second battery to test with?
Power the laptop on without the battery, then shut it down again. Unplug the adapter, then insert the battery and plug in the adapter again....does it begin to charge? You may want to find a replacement battery with a way to return it if there is the same occurance with the new battery. Could be the conducting or charging leads that the battery makes contact with.

it doesn't even power up without batter at all. i don't have the second batter also. do you know what could cause that?

nuke said:
it doesn't even power up without batter at all. i don't have the second batter also. do you know what could cause that?

Sorry, let me rephrase the question.....does the battery seem to charge when the laptop is off and the adapter is plugged in?

Two ways of telling this after the laptop has been powered off for 1 hour...

1) a "Charging" indicator light.....

2) after having it off for 1 hour and unplugged... put the battery in and plug the adapter in (without turning the laptop on) ... can you feel any heat on the battery?

This can determine a bad battery or bad battery to lead terminal connection to the laptop.

i see the light, when its charging, and the charger get warm also. In laptop it shows that it is charging, but i let it run for two hours, and still didn't charge at all. i'm going to try the second one you said, tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom