Help My Graphics Card!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavpav

Beta member
Hello.
I have been having a problem with my computer lately and i think the problem is with my graphics card. I have a Nvidia GeForce FX5500 PCI.

-Here are my computer Specs:
Windows Xp Home Edition NT 5.1 Service Pack 2
Intel Celeron 1.3 Ghz
Enough space to install my graphics card fully.

-Specs Needed on Box
1 PCI slot-ok
250 Watt Power Supply-ok
Intel Pentium 2- not really
64mb system RAM-ok
CD Drive-ok
10mb Disk Space ( 50mb for full install )-ok
Windows NT 4.0 with Service pack 5or6-hmm not sure

The problem:

Ok, now you know the computer specs. Every time I go into a computer game it works fine untill there is a big explosion of some sort and then it freezes aling with the sound that starts making a clicking noise. In a low graphic game called gunbound I seem to minimize frequently. I think it may also occur out of games too. When i was streaming a video online the computer just froze. But this time i had to restart the computer, for the in game freezes it happens frequently. Then the graphics of the game get messed up. The textures are white, pink, and all these other wierd colors.

I even tried changing my cpu fan cause it broke. ( a blade broke off cause of dust.) i even tried cleaning the computer.

I will appreciate all of your help.

-Thank You

P.S. It has been working perfecly fine untill now.

hmm to be honest with u i had that with my old amd athlon and i had geforce 6600 gt and it still did that sometimes i would play counterstrike and something would exploe ot to many people it would kick me off with error message. They only way i can think of u fixing it is getting new cpu/motherboard. and pci viedeo cards are not the best. beside that(unless it is pci express).but check if your system can support the game.

if your motherboard has an AGP slot get a 6600GT.. i dont know why the motherboard would be the problem :eek:

Video card is the main problem and i bet your monitor sucks too lol so that ,too, could be further looked into..

Sounds like your graphics card ain't up to snuff, but that could be because your PSU ain't up to snuff.

As was said above, PCI ain't the greatest. But if you don't have an AGP slot, there's not a lot you can do.

Care to post what the make and model of your computer is, as well as the make and model of the card? I know it's a FX5500, but I need the maker's name and what they call it so I can look it up.

A total upgrade (read newer computer) would help it tremendously, but they don't grow on trees or anything like that. Let's see if we can do anything with what you have.

okie well umm here goes.

i have a hp computer model520n
(not custom just bought)
I dont have a agp slot
The grapics card is from mad dog multimedia
thank you

umm hello :( please help me

also MY MONITOR SUCKS

its like 5-7 years old and yes of course it a a crt

and when i tried to do the computer the freezing thing happend in a game again so i exited out then when i pushed the start button twice......

the shadow was still there....

the computer kind of froze.

i got scared and i turned it off :(

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom