Just installed 1GB Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

klein1jo

In Runtime
So I just upgraded from 512MB PC2100 to 1GB PC2100. So far I notice nothing. Absolutely nothing. This sucks.

Is it running in dual channel? Do you have dual channel? Will probally not notice much of a difference if its not.

Why do u still use PC2100? And if your motherboard only supports ram of that speed maybe its smarter to spend that 100 dollars on a new motherboard than on a pair of ram.

Saint71 said:
Ya you will notice the difference if you play high end games.

Yeah most games in the past don't need more than 1gb of RAM so you won't notice a difference unless you play games like bf2, or fear, farcry,etc.

Turns out I made 2 posts on this topic. This was the first one I made. I didn't even know this one existed cause I pressed submit when I made it and my browser crashed. I tried to see if this thread was still made, but didn't find it so I made a new one. Anyways...

No dual channel RAM. Just basic PC2100.

And I don't see the point of spending money on a new motherboard cause it doesn't stop there. I already had a stick of 512MB PC2100 so I only had to buy one more stick. If I got a motherboard I'd have to get a new CPU cause I have a P4 2.4 with no HT, and I'd have to buy new RAM anyway cause I have PC2100 which is no good to newer boards. So that's 1 motherboard, 1 CPU, and 1GB worth of RAM. And after all that I have an ATI 9200 and a 80GB HD, both pretty crappy compared to today's technology. So I'm really better off just getting a whole new computer then. So the way I see it upgrading to 1GB ram and stretching the life of my PC out 2 or 3 more years was quite intelligent. That's my reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom