can't send messages with outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimer

Solid State Member
I get the error 554 5.71 relay access denied when using outlook with peoplestar account.

My incoming POP3 server has the same name as my outgoing SMTP server, and it looks like the problem is that the recipient can't get my message.

It says there is a protocol issue. How do I fix this?

You will need to use web mail for email. You can use Outlook Express, Eudora, etc. but you must know about 'Pop Before You Drop' email. This means that you must check your peoplestar.net email BEFORE you can send email using their mail servers. You must use their outgoing mail server.

In other words, if you use these email applications, just check your peoplestar.net email address first and then everything else is normal.

If you don't use these email applications and only use web based email, then you do not need to know any of this. Everything works the same.

I did send/recieve, it reads e-mail. I can't send e-mail.
Does anybody know what I could have done when setting up outlook with peoplestar that would give me the 554 5.7.1 relay access denied error message? The recipient is sending this back.

how can i send emails through outollok expresS? whenever i send it...there is an Error Occured always........and i have an hotmail account eventhough

I think it has to do with the e-mail services not wanting to recieve relayed messages. I didn't actually need to get this to work, so I ended up finding other stuff to mess with. You will probably have to ask hotmail or whoever to grant access for this type of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom