What File SHaring programs do you depend on and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spfd

Daemon Poster
What file sharing programs do you use and why do you use them! why are they good?

for me
IRC > Kazaa Lite > WINMX > Bit Torrent

IRC~
Most reliable, and fast IMHO. But you cant find "Old" files really on irc. Its all new stuff.

Kazaa Lite ~
Alot of people think this program is a virus pool and probably it is. But I believe if you take care of your computer and use Kazaa Lite right, you are pretty much safe.
(I run virus scan every day at 5:30 am)

WinMX ~
This program is really good for mp3's, theres alot of trance music which I cannot find on Kazaa Lite. Never failed me.

Bit Torrent ~
I completely hate this program, I believe its a bandwidth eater, This is my LAST LAST LAST LAST LAST LAST resort. HATE IT! but its efficient, but my computer is useless for like a week if i decide to use this program to download a big file.

BitTorrent, Kazaa, IRC

Kazaa-relatively fast
IRC-fast with large selection of files
Azureus BitTorrent Clien-the only P2P program that I know of that works in my collerge dorm room.

I'm totally with spfd on this ...

IRC>kazaa lite >imesh >winmx>bit torrent

I hate bit torrent for hogging up my system ... other than that ..no issues ...

isnt that for dreamcast only?
i installed it a couple days ago
didnt connect to hubs guessing my router wasnt set right, i was too lazy so i just uninstalled it

I tried DC++. Didn't work on school network so I got rid of it and went back to BitTorrent.

IRC - easy to find files, sometimes throughput is low and search is limited. you have to browse

Kazaa - i owe a lot ot this program but i'm alittle wary of the f***** RIAA and speeds have dropped

eDonkey,Overnet - i'm now using it for the first time and speeds are low and also bandwidth is being eaten up like mustard in a hot dog contest. however, there's plenty of files and resources. maybe the low speeds are because i'm behind an unconfigured router...

Ares, eMule - haven't tried them. they're installed in my PC but never tried them but i've heard good things about them.

You should try Ares it is not all that popular, but real efficient. Just think of it as a WinMX, but with a much much better interface.

I use KAZAAlite, if Ares fails me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom